VoIP Support Engineer
We are looking for a VoIP Support Engineer to join our team! The primary responsibility of this position is to identify and resolve technical issues that interfere with the delivery of our VoIP services to our customers. Keys to success in this role are excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical persons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide courteous, accurate, and timely technical support to our Hosted PBX and SIP Trunk customers via phone and email.
- Use tools such as Wireshark to identify, diagnose, and resolve call quality issues.
- Work closely with other technical team members and our partners located remotely and with our internal carrier groups to diagnose origination / termination issues.
- Troubleshoot the voice environment and system configuration on switches, routers and firewalls, and support the range of IP phones and softphones options available to our customers.
- Respond to customer requests for new phones, headsets, voicemail configuration, and all other additional change requests to their user profiles.
- Utilize a standard ticket management system to create, research, refer, and close trouble tickets.
- Work with our Engineering, Development, and Quality Assurance groups on new rollouts as needed.
- Coordinate with and assist Engineers to ensure the network and communications infrastructure is maintained.
- Participate in project-based customer implementations of our VoIP solutions, such as setting up tenant, porting support and provisioning of phones.
- Minimum of five years in telecom VoIP role.
- Experience supporting Asterisk and Open Source IPPBX platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of VoIP protocols.
- Experience with SIP, SBC’s, VoIP, QoS, COS, VLAN, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot SIP pathways.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Strong problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management in order to effectively prioritize support tickets.
- Ability to create, test, document, and follow processes.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- An eagerness to learn and be proactive at maintaining and developing technical skills.
- Health Care Plan
- Paid Time Off